LIVE ART | Painting in the Park
Introducing Hawaiian's Park Centre
Car Park Works | Stage Three
Exciting Upgrades to The Park Centre
The Park Centre Refurbishment FAQs
Cooking with The Source | Banana Bread
LookSmart Alterations School Promotions
The Source Bulk Foods - Warrior Lunch Box
Price Attack's 9 Picks to Repair & Replenish Summer Hair
Organic Lavender Body Scrub
The Ultimate Summer Seafood Spread
10 Epic Travel Experiences To Pursue in 2019
Relaxed Looks: Effortless Weekend Styling
Free Seniors Bus Service
Looking for the perfect lunch box filler or even just a yummy 'treat yourself' snack?
The source has your sorted with their banana bread recipe.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ¾ tsp bicarb soda
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ ground cinnamon
- 4 overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- Seeds of ½ vanilla pod (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 70g butter, melted
- 1 overripe banana to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Mash bananas into a large bowl and add eggs, maple syrup, vanilla seeds, sour cream and melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- Sift flour and add bicarb soda, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased loaf tin. If desired, peel an additional banana, cut in half length-ways and press into the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To serve, spread some butter onto freshly sliced banana bread.